About for Chalkidiki
Chalkidiki also spelled Chalkidike, Chalcidice, Khalkidhiki, or Halkidiki, is a peninsula and regional unit of Greece, part of the Region of Central Macedonia in Northern Greece. The autonomous Mount Athos region constitutes the easternmost part of the peninsula, but not of the regional unit.
The capital of Halkidiki is the main town of Polygyros, located in the centre of the peninsula. Chalkidiki is a popular summer tourist destination.
They say that nowhere in Greece can boast beaches like those of Chalkidike. The region has the perfect combination of this distinctive Greek light, unspoiled landscapes, colours and fragrances. This is the place where all your senses will come to life. The scent of the pine tree alongside with the salt of the sea combine to relax your body and soul!
15 things to do in Chalkidiki
1. Discover Petralona cave
2. Visit Ancient Stagira, the birthplace of Aristotle
3. Sunbath at Kallithea beach
4. Relax at Aghios Ioannis Beach
5. See Nea Potidea canal
6. Spend a day at Kalogria beach
7. Visit the Byzantine Tower at Nea Fokea
8. Visit Ouranopolis
9. Visit the “Parthenon” of Sithonia
10. Mountain Bike on mount Holomondas
11. Buy handmade soap of Polygyros
12. Visit Palia, a 700-year-old village in Nikiti
13. See incredible mount Athos by boat
14. Enjoy great food in Sani
15. Diving off the coast of Aghios Nikolaos