About for Chalkidiki
Chalkidiki also spelled Chalkidike, Chalcidice, Khalkidhiki, or Halkidiki, is a peninsula and regional unit of Greece, part of the Region of Central Macedonia in Northern Greece. The autonomous Mount Athos region constitutes the easternmost part of the peninsula, but not of the regional unit.
The capital of Halkidiki is the main town of Polygyros, located in the centre of the peninsula. Chalkidiki is a popular summer tourist destination.
They say that nowhere in Greece can boast beaches like those of Halkidiki. The region has the perfect combination of this distinctive Greek light, unspoiled landscapes, colours and fragrances.
Hotels and accommodation in Chalkidiki make all your senses to come into life. The scent of the pine tree alongside with the salt of the sea combine to relax your body and soul!
Let’s explore 15 things to do in Chalkidiki
- Discover Petralona cave
- Visit Ancient Stagira, the birthplace of Aristotle
- Sunbath at Kallithea beach
Relax in a resort hotel in Chalkidiki
- See Nea Potidea canal
- Spend a day at Kalogria beach
- Visit the Byzantine Tower at Nea Fokea
- Visit Ouranopolis
- Visit the “Parthenon” of Sithonia
- Mountain Bike on mount Holomondas
- Buy handmade soap of Polygyros
- Visit Palia, a 700-year-old village in Nikiti
- See incredible mount Athos by boat
- Enjoy great food in Sani
- Diving off the coast of Aghios Nikolaos