About for Edinburgh
Edinburgh is the Athens of the North, or at least that’s how the city fancied itself as it gained a reputation as a centre of ideas in philosophy, economics and medicine in the 1700s. And it wasn’t too bold a claim.
The Athens of the North with more than 4,500 listed buildings, the beautiful Scottish capital is renowned for its architecture, making it a great city-break option for those who love to gaze upon the work of some of our greatest architects.
Today, it is home to 500,000 people and a number of cultural events and festivals. The city has a relaxed but lively vibe, with more than 100 hotels and guesthouse for all tastes and budgets to choose from to stay in Edinburgh.
It is the perfect city destination into Scotland and Scottish culture.
Let’s explore 15 things to do in Edinburgh.
- Join the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- Fill up on deliciously fresh local fare.
- Investigate spooky goings-on.
- Experience the famous Hogmanay.
- Find the real life Hogwarts.
- Take a tour of the Scottish Parliament.
- Visit the majestic Edinburgh Castle.
- Hunt the Loch Ness Monster.
- Walk along Hadrian’s Wall.
- Visit St Giles’ Cathedral.
- Rosslyn Chapel and the Scottish Borders.
- Visit Scottish National Gallery.
- Whisky tastings.
- Hike Arthur’s seat.
- Stay in a guesthouse hotel in Edinburgh.