About for Ios
Ios belongs to the Cyclades islands. It is particularly famous for its beautiful beaches, the picturesque village of Chora and certainly for the vibrant nightlife that mainly attracts young crowds.
Beach parties start at noon and last until the early morning hours in Mylopotas, making it a popular place for teens and youth.
However, this island is not just for parties. It has great places to relax away from the crowds and noise. The coast of Ios has wonderful beaches with soft sand and emerald waters.
You will also love to stroll the narrow-paved streets of Chora, one of the most picturesque villages of the Cyclades.
From the highest point of the Country, you will enjoy stunning sea views.
Ios provides a wide range of options when it comes to accommodation services. Hotels, rooms, and apartments to let, located all across the island, compose a beautiful picture that puts authentic hospitality, cleanness, and the locals’ professionalism in the foreground.
Here is our list of 15 things to do in Ios.
- Visit Manganari beach.
- Take a boat trip.
- Visit Homer’s Tomb.
- Walk to Agia Irini church.
- Eat at Grandma’s.
- Watch the Sunset at Lorentzena Beach.
- Visit the Ruins of Skarkos.
- Stay in one of the many design hotels in Ios.
- Sunbath at Milopotas beach.
- A tour to the Archaeological Museum.
- Visit Odysseas Elytis theatre.
- Photoshoot at the windmills.
- Taste local wine.
- Hike the footpath to the Chora.
- Visit the 365 Churches.