About for Ιthaca
Ithaca is a Greek island located in the Ionian Sea, off the northeast coast of Kefalonia and to the west of continental Greece. Ithaca’s main island has an area of 96 square kilometres and had a population in 2011 of 3,231. It is the second-smallest of seven main Ionian Islands, after Paxi.
Itis a separate regional unit of the Ionian Islands region, and the only municipality of the regional unit. The capital is Vathy (or Vathi).
Modern Ithaca is generally identified with Homer and the home of Odysseus, whose delayed return to the island is the plot of the classical Greek tale the Odyssey.
Here is our list of 15 thing you should do in Ithaca.
- Spend a day in the village in Frikes.
- Swimming at Pisaetos Beach.
- Visit the castle of Odysseus.
- Snorkeling at paralia Afales.
- Spend a day in the village of Kioni.
- Stay in a luxury suite or villa in Ithaca.
- Visit the cave of the Nymphs.
- Swimming at Paralia Frikes.
- Enjoy the magic of Kathara Monastery.
- Scuba diving in the waters around the island.
- Kayaking around the east or south coast.
- Boat trip to Lefkada or Kefalonia.
- Visits the Pyramids of Exogi.
- Enjoy the idyllic Gedaki beach.
- Take a culinary tour.