About for Kefalonia
Kefalonia is the largest of the Ionian Islands in western Greece and the 6th largest island in Greece after Crete, Evoia, Lesbos, Rhodes, and Chios.
Kefalonia is a green island with beaches of incredible beauty, emerald waters and a strong aura of culture. The largest of the Ionian Islands and one of the most popular tourist destinations. Green and blue harmonise, nature has generously offered to the island. Pine, cypress and olives and on the tops of Ainos the Kefalonian fir. On the slopes of the mountain, the vines from which Robola is produced, the famous white wine of Kefalonia, are cultivated.
The richness of its seabed is also amazing. The rare loggerhead turtles find refuge there, as do the rare monk-monk seals. The cosmopolitan Argostoli is the capital, multifaceted and active, but there are many picturesque settlements to delight travelers, all unique, full of history, monuments and tradition, and with elegant hearths of entertainment, from elegant bars to taverns where delicious smells.
Let’s explore 15 things to do in Kefalonia.
- Kefalonia Island Boat Tour
- Cooking classes & Wine Tasting
- Discover the stunning beaches
- Explore the picturesque villages
- Enjoy a day trip to Ithaca
- Visit the Kefalonian Brewery
- Explore the castle of Aghios Georgios
- Visit Agios Gerasimos Monastery
- Visit the most extraordinary cave in Greece
- Climb Mount Ainos
- Spend a day in Argostoli
- Go to Saint Theodore lighthouse
- Enjoy one of the most most beautiful beach in Greece
- Visit the Mycenaean Tholos tomb
- Visit the wall of the Cyclops