About for Lefkada
Lefkada also known as Lefkas or Leukas, is a Greek island in the Ionian sea on the west coast of Greece, connected to the mainland by a long causeway and floating bridge. The principal town of the island is Lefkada and it is situated on the northern part of the island, approx. 25 min. by car from Aktion airport.
The myth about Sappho’s suicide at Cape Lefkada is related to other myths linking the island to the ancient Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite, and to Odysseus, the hero of Homer’s Odyssey.
Lefkas , also known as the “Caribbean of Greece”, stands out for its exotic ambiance and breathtaking natural landscape! For that reason it is an unparalleled destination for the lovers of beaches and sea sports.
Lefkada provides a wide range of options when it comes to accommodation services. Hotels, rooms, and apartments to let, located all across the island, compose a beautiful picture that puts authentic hospitality, cleanness, and the locals’ professionalism in the foreground.
Let’s explore 15 things to do in Lefkada.
- Visit the castle of Agia Mavra.
- Relax on one of the most impressive beaches.
- Go chase the Dimossari waterfalls.
- Stop at the church of Aghios Ioannis Antzoussis.
- Stay in one of the so famous luxury hotels.
- Learn some culture at the archaeological museum.
- Paragliding in Kathisma beach.
- Take advantage of the wind and windsurf in Vasiliki.
- Watch the sunset at the lighthouse.
- Visit the Lefkaditiki Gi winery.
- Set sail to neighbouring islands.
- Scuba diving in Nikiana.
- Take part in a traditional wedding in August in Karia.
- Horse ride in Rachi.
- Spend a full day in Meganisi.