About for New York
New York City (NYC), often called simply New York, is the most populous city in the United States. With an estimated 2019 population of 8,336,817 distributed over about 302.6 square miles, this city is also the most densely populated major city in the United States.
Located at the southern tip of the U.S. state of New York, the city is the center of the New York metropolitan area, the largest metropolitan area in the world by urban landmass.
With almost 20 million people in its metropolitan statistical area and approximately 23 million in its combined statistical area, it is one of the world’s most populous megacities.
New York City has been described as the cultural, financial, and media capital of the world, significantly influencing commerce, entertainment, research, technology, education, politics, tourism, art, fashion, and sports. Home to the headquarters of the United Nations, New York is an important center for international diplomacy.
Situated on one of the world’s largest natural harbours, New York City is composed of five boroughs, each of which is a county of the State of New York. The five boroughs—Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, the Bronx, and Staten Island—were consolidated into a single city in 1898.
Many districts and landmarks in New York City are well known, including three of the world’s ten most visited tourist attractions in 2013.
15 things aren’t enough for New York city, which is why our list is packed shamelessly with big-hitters, from the Statue of Liberty to Central Park, Ellis Island, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Empire State, Broadway and the Brooklyn Bridge.
These things are non-negotiable if you want to do New York justice.
15 things that must do in New York City.
- Visit the museum of modern art (MoMA).
- Do a picnic at Central Park.
- Visit the national 9/11 memorial and museum.
- Take the Big Apple Heli Tour.
- Visit the statue of Liberty & Ellis island.
- Go to see the Rockefeller Center.
- Take the Staten Island Ferry.
- Photoshoot yourself at Times square.
- Shop in the 5th Avenue.
- Visit Macy’s & Saks Fifth Avenue in Union Square.
- Take the private New York Aerial Photography Flights from Westchester.
- Visit the madison square garden.
- Get lost at SoHo.
- Visit New York Botanical Garden.
- Harlem Food Tasting Tour.