About for Santorini
Santorini, or Thira, is the top travel destination in Greece and among the most romantic destinations in the Greek islands and also in the world.
Located in the Aegean Sea, in the Cyclades islands, the island was the site of one of the largest volcanic eruptions in the world and what remains today is a submerged volcano and a caldera. Amazing villages has been constructed on the edge of this caldera, with Cycladic architecture and breathtaking view to the sea.
Apart from the fabulous caldera villages, Santorini hotels are also famous for the romantic sunset and the luxurious environment.
Let’s explore the 15 things to do in Santorini.
- Discover Fira.
- Stay in a hotel in Santorini built on a cliff overlooking the caldera.
- Cruise around the volcano from the old port.
- Hiking from Fira to Oia.
- Caldera Sailing: Red & White Beach, Black Beach, Hot Springs, Volcano, Thirasia.
- Visit the bay of Ammoudi.
- Try local wines in the traditional wineries of Santorini.
- Drink your cocktail at Cavo Tagoo Hotel overlooking the famous sunset.
- Visit the archeological site of Fira.
- LandRover Safari in Santorini.
- Watch a movie in the open-air cinema in Chora.
- Visit Imerovigli.
- Archaeological tour by bus for the excavation of Akrotiri.
- Romantic dinner overlooking the Caldera.
- Visit the Atlantis bookstore in Oia.