About for Skopelos
Skopelos is one of the islands of the Northern Sporades, the second island in a row after Skiathos.
Filled with dense forests covering almost 80% of its area, it is considered the greenest island in the Aegean.
It is characterised by dense forests and the blue of the Sea, which is why on 5th of July in 1997 it was officially declared a green and blue island by the international organization Biopolitics.
An important characteristic of the island is the diversity of the landscape depending on the time of day, light and weather conditions.
Skopelos provides a wide range of options when it comes to accommodation services. Hotels, rooms, and apartments to let, located all across the island, compose a beautiful picture that puts authentic hospitality, cleanness, and the locals’ professionalism in the foreground.
Let’s explore 15 things to do in Skopelos.
- Find our special offers for hotels in Skopelos.
- Climb to Agios Ioannis Church.
- Water sports at Panormos beach.
- Isolate yourself at Kastani beach.
- Visit Agios Riginos Monastery.
- Sunbath at Milia and Hovolo beach.
- Visit Venetian castle.
- Boat trip to Skiathos.
- Boat trip to Alonissos.
- Visit the Folkore museum.
- Enjoy breakfast time in Glossa.
- Kayaking along the coast.
- Try local prunes.
- Taste the famous almonds.
- Enjoy a day in the turquoise waters of Amarantos beach.