About for Skopelos
Skopelos is one of the islands of the Northern Sporades, the second island in a row after Skiathos.
It has an area of about 96 square meters. km and perimeter 67 km and it has two mountains, Palouki and Delphi.
Filled with dense forests covering almost 80% of its area, Skopelos is considered the greenest island in the Aegean.
Skopelos is characterised by dense forests and the blue of the Sea, which is why on 5th of July in 1997 it was officially declared a green and blue island by the international organization Biopolitics.
An important characteristic of the island is the diversity of the landscape depending on the time of day, light and weather conditions.
Let’s explore the 15 best things to do in the greenest island
- Walk around Chora
- Climb to Agios Ioannis Church
- Water sports at Panormos beach
- Isolate yourself at Kastani beach
- Visit Agios Riginos Monastery
- Sunbath at Milia and Hovolo beach
- Visit Venetian castle
- Boat trip to Skiathos
- Boat trip to Alonissos
- Visit the Folkore museum
- Enjoy breakfast time in Glossa
- Kayaking along the coast
- Try local prunes
- Taste the famous Skopelos’ almonds
- Enjoy a day in the turquoise waters of Amarantos beach