About for Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki is the second largest town of Greece. Due to its central location, it serves as a commercial, business and transportation hub for all northern Greece. A town with long history and rich culture, it is an ideal city break and intermediate destination before heading to the beach resorts of Chalkidiki, Kavala and Pieria in northern Greece.
The most popular spot of the town is the Beach Promenade, where locals and visitors enjoy a long and relaxing walk any time of the day.
Aristotle Square also gets busy, as this is the centre of the city. Actually, most hotels in Thessaloniki are within a walking distance from this square.
Let’s explore 15 things to do in Thessaloniki.
- Stay in a hotel in Thessaloniki overlooking the White tower and the Thermaic gulf.
- Visit Archaeological museum.
- Visit the churches of Aghios Demetrios & Aghia Sofia.
- Take your breakfast at Aristotelous square.
- Taste local cuisine.
- Visit the museum of the Byzantine culture.
- Visit Rotunda.
- Photoshoot at Arch of Galerius.
- Take a full day tour to Pella & Vergina.
- Visit Ataturk museum.
- Visit Thessaloniki Science Centre Technology Museum.
- Bike tour at sunset.
- See Roman forum.
- Visit Heptapyrgion.
- Have a cocktail drink at Ladadika.