Corfu is one of the most popular holidays destinations in Greece known for its cosmopolitan Mediterranean old town, sandy beaches and beautiful landscapes that weave a powerful spell on its visitors.
Corfu, unlike the rest of Greece, never fell under the Ottoman oppression. Due to the successive dominations of the Venetians, the French and the British over the centuries, the island has primarily become part of the Western rather the Levantine world.
It was here that the first Greek University (the Ionian Academy), the first Philharmonic Orchestra and the First School of Fine Arts were founded.
Fell like an aristocrat and take a walk in the most beautiful spots in the old town of Corfu passing through Spianada, the largest square in the Balkans. Here you can watch cricket games, or attend in musical concerts organised throughout the year.
Stop for a welcome cup of coffee at one of the town’s cosy cafés in Liston, the city’s trademark, where the aristocrats used to enjoy their evening promenades. The characteristic arcades form the most romantic background setting.
Don’t miss to visit Mon Repos Palace. It was built by the British Commissioner Adams as a gift to his Corfiot wife.
It is a small but beautiful palace with colonial elements, which today operates as a museum. In this luxurious dwelling, Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh and husband of Elisabeth II, was born in 1921. The park around the palace is ideal for long romantic walks.
Other top places to visit are Achillion Palace, the former retreat of princess Sissi of Austria.
Don’t forget your camera when visiting the iconic Panagia Vlacherna and Mouse island – no worries there isn’t any mouses there! However, these 2 landscapes will make you fall even deeper in love with Corfu!
It is a destination also famous for its carnival, going back to Venetian times, as well as its Easter celebrations, when locals throw large clay pots off their balconies to celebrate life.
Endless fun activities for all ages for a perfect vacation
Top rated honeymoon suites and lots of romantic activities
A boutique hotel provides the ideal alternative to an all-inclusive resort along Corfu. And there’s plenty of choice, from suites in the capital’s historic buildings to bungalows & villas set in century-old olive groves.
Here, you can find a great selection of hotels and villas in Corfu off the beaten track in the countryside, and many in the heart of the island with shops, bars and beach just a stroll away.
Our selection of Corfu hotels and resorts boasts a multitude of options, which will cover even the most refined tastes of every traveller. Whether you wish to spend your days in the lush gardens of your chosen accommodation or by the beach, you will find what you are looking for and much more.
Hospitals – First aid, emergency
– Corfu General Hospital (Kontokali area) Tel: +30 2661360400 & +30 2661360500
– Corfu General Hospital secretariat for make an appointment Tel: +30 2661360516
– Medical Clinic (Paleokastritsas National Road)Tel: +30 26610 36044.
– Medical First Aid Tel: 166
– First Aid Station Ipsos – Tel: +30 26610 93816
– First Aid Station Agios Mattheos – Tel: +30 26610 75110
– First Aid Station Lefkimi – Tel: +30 26620 22201
– First Aid Station Paxos – Tel: +30 26620 31179
– First Aid Station Gimari – Tel: +30 26630 91395
– First Aid Station Othoni – Tel: +30 26630 71550
Post office- Bus – Taxi
– Post Office (Alexandras Avenue) Tel: +30 26610 25544, 39265
– Green Bus Station Tel: +30 26610 37186, 39985, 30627
– Blue Bus Station (San Rocco Sq) Tel: +30 26610 39859
– Blue Bus Station (Mitrop.Methodiou Str.) Tel: +30 26610 31595
– Radiotaxi Tel: +30 26610 33811-2
– Taxi Station (San Rocco Sq) Tel: +30 26610 30383
– Taxi Station (Ioan.Theotoki Str.) Tel: +30 26610 39911
– Taxi Station (Spianada Sq) Tel: +30 26610 39926
– Taxi Station (New Port) Tel: +30 26610 37993